•  
  • Thursday, August 16, 2007

    Change

    Over the past few months, I haven't really been able to focus on work. Having passed down my resignation a few months back, I came to thinking again that maybe I should quit and pursue a career in advertising but I decided to revoked the letter of resignation. The last time I went for an interview, I got smacked right down to the ground, mainly because I had no advertising experience hence my decision not to quit this current job.

    Meng will be the first to acknowledge my ranting (Sorry dude for all the MSN rants! Hehe). A change was needed as I was rotting at work and Meng was actually counting the times I rant to him about my job in a week. It got kind of depressing. As if a twist of fate, Ben, Ju’s brother, called me. Telling me he was currently running an advertising agency and needed some help when the workload got too much to handle. He was offering me some freelance job.

    Rewind back a couple of months when Ju actually called me up, telling me that her friends ran this advertising agency and wanted to sell it off or something. Ben and she were trying to get buyers for the place and they were asking if Meng and I would be interested in working there as the buyers knew nothing about running an ad agency. We had our doubts because the whole situation seems kind of dodgy. No offence guys!

    And now fast forward back to when Ben gave me a call. We decided to meet up and have a chat. I also really wanted to check out his office, so I insisted in meeting up there. I really liked the office and the environment. It was a corner house in SS2, facing a field and was a very quiet housing area, away from the highway. The ground floor was the sales and administration office and on the mezzanine floor was the designers’ office. It was clean but messy but like Meng said, “If and ad agency is tidy, you know it’s not doing too well.”

    Ben then offered me a full time position as his most (and only) senior designer handed in his resignation on that day itself. After discussing some terms with him, he wanted me to meet with the owners to fasten up the process of hiring me. I was nervous as shit, knowing owners they can sometimes be very intimidating.

    After advice from Meng and Elaine, I steadied my ship and gave them what I would think to be one hell of a presentation, selling more of myself than my artworks which mostly consist of College work. So now I’m halfway through the door, just need to get my resignation from this company out of the way. It’s just my boss has not been in the office the whole day and I’ve got my resignation letter lying on my desk.

    So hopefully I get to do that soon and here’s to change.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home