•  
  • Friday, June 03, 2005

    I Quit

    On the drive back from college i ran out of cigarettes. I thought to myself, "Hey I can live without it man. It's bad for my health anyway."
    So I was prepared to quit, all the way on the drive home I had imagine myself being a non smoker and all my friends would be of high praises. I could see it, in the future they would be talking about how i use to be a chimney and be of full admiration of my strong will to quit those lousy death sticks.
    It would be a step to healthier living. I could see myself quiting then start to exercise on a more regular basis. I would be a health freak! YEAH! I was excited, that was motivation enough. "I can totally do it," I thought to myself again, "No sweat!"

    So I got home. Now to distract myself from thinking about smoking. I'll just play some games. That would keep my mind off the cigarettes. Good plan. Started busting out some Need For Speed Underground 2 action. It was working, I was concentrating on winning races instead of you know what. I won the race on the first try. Hmmmm this calls for a celebration smoke... NO!! Keep it together Ian. Race again. Okay, the game doesn't seem to be distracting me anymore. I need that victory smoke. I always have a victory smoke. Come on man, hold it together! NO! Dammit! Should have bought smokes on my way home. DAMN!

    I ended up digging the ash tray for stubbed cigarettes with little left tobacco to smoke. Later that day I stopped at 7-11 to get a pack of smokes..... I'll quit in a few years time.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home