•  
  • Monday, March 28, 2005

    In a Rut

    Another week another accident. Guess it's all up to luck. besides already having my Waja wrecked I come out and decide to hook my sister's car up with the car body shop. How you say is this possible? Was it just a brace of bad luck? Well I guess it all dates back to when I was four. My very first major accident. According to my mom.

    It was at my grandma's old place. A cozy little link house on Jalan Chee Swee Ee. I was on the couch, kneeling on it while trying to reach down to the floor to play with our dog, at that time whose name was "Whiskey"(my dad had this thing with naming his dogs liquor names). So as I wanted to get closer to Whiskey, I start to stretch more and thus i lost my balance and fell forehead first into the hard, cold concrete floor. I think there was even a "thud" sound. I was motionless. My mom had called me several times but my head was still glued to the concrete floor. She started to panic and forced me up. She is shock when she sees me bleeding all over my forehead. At this point she said I started to cry. My dad was not around so my uncles took me to the hospital with my mom holding down my forehead to try and stop the bleeding. Got to the hospital and stitched up. Until today I still have that 4 stitches of scar on my forehead.

    Throughout my life I have had variations of accidents involving sports, monkeying around and the bicycle....*shudders*. Plenty of accidents have also arrived from my bicycle riding days. Most serious of all is of course fracturing my left wrist. I was 10 at the time and the bicycle to me was a form of escape. My freedom toward a world outside of the house. So naturally i cycle a lot. Well this one time I was cycling around minding my own business and as I was about to take the corner into the road where I lived, I saw a lot of sand on the road. Having no time to get out of my "daredevil" corner taking, I glided through, fell off my bike and must have skid five meters or so. Details of how i fell is not very clear anymore but what I knew was I landed on my left hand thus fracturing it.

    I guess at this point of my life cars are my accident tool. It just leaves a more expensive scar... in the pocket. I would just like to dedicate this entry to the boy who reminded me of much simpler accident days. This boy actually crash outside my house on his bicycle. He just lost balance and the road was wet so eventually he just fell and hit the ground real hard. As I was walking back to the house I offered him help but he declined. He seemed fine and said his house was only round the corner. So I let him be on his way as I walked back into the house thinking about all those old bicycle crashes. Maybe I'm just in a rut.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home